Kia Motors America
111 Peters Canyon Rd • Irvine, CA 92606
June 2017 – Present
▪ Performed monthly financial and accounting closing for Company Vehicle Inventory, Buyback Vehicle Inventory, Evaluation Vehicle Inventory, and Fixed Asset Inventory
▪ Performed monthly analysis and reporting of vehicle/asset inventories, valuations, and aging
▪ Coordinated with operating departments regarding vehicle use, vehicle loan, and evaluation of asset management
▪ Maintained and updated Vehicle Valuation Forecasts
▪ Reviewed and process evaluation reimbursement requests
▪ Reviewed, analyzed and reconciled related balance sheet and P&L accounts
▪ Prepared various ad-hoc reports as requested by management
▪ Prepared schedules and provided support to auditors during annual audit
▪ Conducted audits at company ports to ensure accuracy of processes and reporting
Hyundai AutoEver America
10550 Talbert Ave • Fountain Valley, CA 92708
November 2016 – June 2017
▪ Collaborated with management to create the policy and procedures manual for Fixed Assets Management.
▪ Created a report to track the progress of SOW projects and their respective CapEx, A/P invoices, payments, variances and utilization.
▪ Created a report to track the average and total days for Finance and approval managers to complete AP process per invoice to help monitor workflow and areas in need for improvement.
▪ Reviewed and reconciled vendor statements.
▪ Generated invoices for G&A and Operating expenses and reconciled expenses per business units.
▪ Reconciled SOW billing reports and provided solutions for variances with Project Managers.
▪ Generated project invoices and reconciled billing summary for each project.
▪ Preformed and posted journal entries and cash receipts.
▪ Reconciled monthly and daily bank statements.
▪ Assisted GL manager with weekly cash flow and check run.
▪ Performed month-end close duties.
Project Accountant/Fixed Asset Management
945 Hornet Drive • Hazelwood, MO 63042
August 2015 – October 2016
▪ Reviewed and reconciled accounts related to project assets and expenses.
▪ Investigated variances and provided explanations to management.
▪ Reported to management regarding the remaining funding available.
▪ Held monthly meetings to track the progress of projects and reviewed items to be placed in service.
▪ Closed out accounts upon project completion.
▪ Managed fixed assets and respective GL accounts in FAS and JDE; including acquisitions, disposals, amortization/depreciation tracking, and sales.
▪ Performed monthly account reconciliations and analyses for GL and Sub Ledger research.
▪ Performed month-end-close duties, including journal entries, account analysis and budget reviews.
▪ Reduced month-end-close process from six to three days.
▪ Created an AP system that improved the timing and flow of paperwork, resulting in a better tracking system for paid expenses.
▪ Fulfilled audit requests with KPMG and PwC.
▪ Assisted with the completion of yearly taxes for fixed assets and filed personal property taxes and declarations for each county and state.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation
NGLs Marketing Accountant
5 Greenway Plaza • Houston, TX 77046
March 2013 – May 2015
▪ Revamped and restructured NGLs’ Marketing Analysis, decreasing deliverable time from two days to two hours.
▪ Revamped the margin analysis process by effectively communicating and accurately reporting variances for volume, pricing and margin fall out.
▪ Worked with NGLs team and management resulting in a 50% month-end-close reduction from six days to three.
▪ Trained Oxy employees and contractors on processes and procedures.
▪ Trained staff accountant and NGLs manager, hired by California Resources Co., Inc. (CRC) on deliverables, procedures and processes for Oxy’s spinoff.
▪ Assisted with Imbalance reconciliation for West Coast spinoff, resulting in a $3M gain and a volume correction of 92M gals to Oxy’s books.
▪ Lead monthly credit meetings with the credit department and other accountants on the NGLs team.
▪ Performed monthly account reconciliations and analysis, including General Ledger and Sub Ledger research and problem solving.
▪ Spearheaded IT projects to improve functionality of the accounting and trade software system, controls and general accounting processes.
▪ Fulfilled audit requests from KPMG and other agencies.
▪ Prepared and booked weekly settlements and reconciled A/R and A/P customer accounts.
- Allegro 8.0
- analytically inclined
- excellent interpersonal skills
- JD Edwards One
- maintains a high level of accuracy
- Microsoft Dynamics SL
- Microsoft word
- Oracle Discoverer
- Oracle Financial
- strong professional work ethic
- strong writing and communication skills
- team building