Course Author, Web Developer, Database Development and Administration, Instructor/Facilitator
Director of Web and IT Planning – Yale College Dean’s Office
August 2013 – Present 5 years 9 months• Lead analytical projects and programmatic planning engagements. Guide project participants through the steps of visioning, environmental assessment, development of goals, objectives and strategies and tactical planning for implementation. Facilitate discovery and decision making by individuals and groups.
• Develop and communicate Web design best practice standards within Yale College.
• Lead the Office of Web Operations staff and relationships with external vendors.
• Manage complex projects involving technical and non-technical staff from multiple University departments.
• Advocate on behalf of Yale College in University web technology planning and policy development.
• Provide formal Web-development recommendations to clients based on ability to meet financial, technical and scheduling deadlines in varied units.
• Develop and harness the data that is available to identify existing administrative issues and key drivers and develop solutions and initiatives. Develop and communicate final recommendations.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to structure and execute administrative initiatives and develop work plans. Facilitate cross functional analysis, incorporating data and input from multiple functional teams. Define and integrate issues, identify problems and synthesize solutions into a cohesive action plan. Integrate strategic and tactical plans.
• Incorporate strategic planning processes and principles into existing administrative, financial and management practices.
• Communicate effectively the broad perspective of administrative opportunities, needs and risks. Act as a change agent.
• Develop and monitor administrative IT and Web project budgets for Yale College costs. Plan, budget and monitor IT charges for infrastructure and project resources, and for computing equipment replacement and upgrade.
• Liaise with IT project teams and coordinate with Yale College web resources as appropriate.
Director of Web Operations – Yale College Dean’s Office
March 2012 – August 2013 1 year 6 months• Supervised Web Operations team consisting of a Web Editor, Graphic/Web Design Assistant (Casual), and Student Intern.
• Currently oversee over 40 Yale College websites in Drupal and Elsinore platforms.
• Project management of websites migrating from Elsinore to Drupal or Drupal 6 to Drupal 7.
• Prioritized weekly/monthly tasks and coordinate with Web Operations team, contract vendors, and OPAC to implement and maintain web projects.
• Provided Google Analytics reporting for Yale College sites to Director, IT Planning and Coordination; Assisted in review of analytics to help evaluate web needs and future planning.
• Provided recommendations for more streamlined web solutions, such as document publishing, data collection, and site maintenance, while enforcing Yale College web and security standards throughout 40+ sites.
• Triage and troubleshooting of web related issues; Escalate to appropriate departments and track resolutions.
Programmer Analyst II – Yale HEALTH
February 2010 – March 2012 2 years 2 months• Designed, maintained, and provided support for reports on YHP reporting portal extracting data from the Electronic Medical Records system residing on GE Centricity SQL Servers.
• Developed, encoded, tested, installed and debugged programs and systems in support of clinical and administrative YHP initiatives.
• Assisted in testing, troubleshooting, and installation of system upgrades.
• Analyzed user needs and created proposals for new systems; Served as a liaison to end users for problem solving, education or enhancements.
• Designed and implemented tools and procedures for maintenance, monitoring and disaster recovery.
Programmer Analyst I/Web Database Developer
August 2007 – February 2010 2 years 7 months• Provided database development and support for existing applications on various platforms, including MS SQL, FileMaker, and MySQL.
• Provided ongoing maintenance and support for assigned applications and systems; Provided support for training of end users as necessary;
• Implemented technical solutions including installation, configuration and resolution of issues with multiple layers of products and technologies.
• Evaluated and implemented vendor solutions. Integrated with other applications, both vendor and custom, by identifying and creating extensions, customizations, and interfaces.
• Acquired leadership role in collaborative effort of the technical analysis and design of new database applications including project definition and requirements gathering, development of data flows, system specifications, and other system documentation.
Adjunct Instructor (Information Systems)
Albertus Magnus College – New Dimensions
November 2003 – Present 15 years 6 months• Instructor for Information Systems, Computer Essentials, Database Development, and Operating Systems courses within accelerated degree programs in Business Management offered to highly motivated adult students in the New Dimensions evening division.
7 years 3 months
Subject Matter Expert
October 2013 – Present 5 years 7 monthsSubject Matter Expert for Web Application Development, Distributed Database Managemen, Enterprise Architecture, SQL Database Development and Server Management, and Mobile App Development. Produce original content, material, and assessments that help achieve the student learning outcomes. This includes selecting required readings from the textbook(s) or other reading materials, creating quizzes, developing discussion questions that encourage interaction, tracking assignments to complete learning objectives for assessment purposes, and developing grading criteria.
Adjunct Online Instructor
February 2012 – Present 7 years 3 monthsAdjunct Instructor of Information Technology-related courses, including Web Application Development, Web Design Projects, SQL Server Management, Distributed Database Management, and Computer Applications/Business Systems Concepts.
Freelance Web Designer
1999 – May 2015 16 years• Freelance work; Designed, created, and maintain websites including all FLASH and HTML content. Please ask for copy of portfolio as some domain names may have changed. Portfolio provided upon request.
University of Phoenix
February 2011 – January 2014 3 years• Adjunct instructor/facilitator for ground courses at Norwalk, CT and Jersey City campuses.
• Approved courses include Business Information Systems, Introduction To Computer Applications And Systems, Managing Information Technology In The Hospitality Industry, Technology In Retail Management, Business Information Systems, Supply Chain Information Management In Online Environments, Information Management In Business, E-Business Management I, E-Business Management II, E-Business Technology And Development, Leveraging Technology In The Public Sector, Essentials Of Personal Finance, Business Information Systems, Introduction To Computer Applications And Systems, Computers And Information Processing.
Information Technology Manager
March 2006 – July 2007 1 year 5 months• Database development, testing, and administration; Created and tested backups; verified data integrity; ensured maximum uptime and performance, and trained staff on usage.
• Made recommendations on hardware/software purchases. Technical support for online magazine and web clients. Planned current and future IT needs.
• Prepared and directed IT policy and planned strategy development while providing recommendations to CEO and Vice President on IT issues and planning.
• Analyzed informational needs for projects and promotions and developed technological solutions. Directed integration of IT operations, computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications and data processing.
MBA, Information Technology and eBusiness at Fairfield University
BS, Information Systems at Fairfield University