EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN Ann Arbor, MI
College of Literature Science, and the Arts
· B.A. Spanish Language and Literature and International Studies, April 2018
· Emphasis: Global Environment and Health
· GPA: 3.5/4.0
UNIVERSIDAD DE GRANADA Granada, Spain
· Spring 2017 Semester Abroad
January 2018- BOOKS FOR A BENEFIT Ann Arbor, MI
April 2018 Library Project Manager
· Reported directly to the executive director while overseeing 15 volunteers during three fundraising events in which $800 needed was raised to purchase all library materials for the project at SOS Community Center.
· Maintained constant communication with the local nonprofit organization in order to closely follow their preferences and requirements for project design.
· Completed and met all expectations of the library while staying within limited budget perimeters.
January 2018- KNIGHT’S STEAKHOUSE Ann Arbor, MI
April 2018 Hostess
· Provided an elevated guest experience to generate a loyal clientele through an always friendly demeanor from the time a guest entered and exited the restaurant.
· Scheduled dining room reservations, arranged parties, planned small events, and preordered all specialty items for diners, ensuring that all expectations would be met and ready upon the arrival of guests.
· Communicated with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers in order to handle guest concerns and complaints professionally and properly.
September 2017- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN NEWS Ann Arbor, MI
January 2018 Spanish Communications Public Relations Intern
· Managed the University of Michigan Spanish department social media accounts by creating up to 20 posts per week of translated content on an optimal posting schedule in order to maintain and increase weekly web traffic.
· Created engaging text, image and video content from Spanish speaking events on campus to provide coverage for Michigan News and keep up with the trends of audience interests.
May 2017- SNAP DRAGON BOUTIQUE Grand Rapids, MI
August 2017 Sales Associate
· Interacted with customers during the largest sale of the year, shared product knowledge and contributed to a record of over $10,000 in sales during the first day of the event.
· Designed clothing displays, reorganized store layout and merchandise placement, driving sales for all new arriving items and products.
September 2015- ANN ARBOR LANGUAGES PROGRAM Ann Arbor, MI
December 2016 Student Teacher
· Taught introductory Spanish to 3rd and 4th grade Ann Arbor Public School classrooms twice a week in order to promote students’ interest and understanding of the importance of learning foreign languages.
· Transformed existing lesson plans into new and enticing activities with low pressure assessments to test the students’ material comprehension and growth, resulting in higher test scores in students who previously had no Spanish language education.
· Conversational in Spanish
· Numerous years of hostess and hospitality experience
· Participant, Michigan Relay for Life, 2014-2018
· Member, Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women, 2014-Present
International Studies and Spanish at University of Michigan