Loma Linda, CA | (323)-872-2522 | email@example.com | www.linkedin.com/in/kaelyn-m-johnson
Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA |Master of Public Health, Nutrition | (Expected December 2018)
University of Redlands, Redlands, CA|Bachelor of Arts, Biology | (April 2016)
VA Loma Linda Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
January 2018 to February 2018
Completed 200 hours of supervised practice in the kitchen of this hospital which consisted of 5 weeks administrative rotation.
- Developed sanitation and fire safety lesson plans then trained food service workers on it.
- Assisted in training and orientation for new onboarding food service workers.
- Conducted kitchen inspections and initiated corrective follow-up for any issues found.
- Trained food service workers on the hospital’s different diets and diet manual.
- Monitored the kitchen equipment (dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers) for appropriate temperatures daily.
- Monitored use-by dates and labels in produce and milk refrigerators.
Volunteer Engagement Coordinator (September 2016 to August 2017)
Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
- Created and marketed a presentation on volunteer opportunities to Medical students to encourage recruitment.
- Lead out a weekly staff meeting.
- Managed the Loma Linda University volunteer portal and coordinated the placement of students and sites.
- Illustrated and promoted graphics for social media posts and the website.
- Established and promoted volunteer events among Loma Linda University students and faculty.
Biology Stockroom Assistant (October 2013 to April 2016)
University of Redlands, Redlands, CA
- Created chemical stock solutions, such as hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide.
- Assisted students and professors with navigating the stockroom and finding materials needed.
- Prepared media and plates for cellular growth for biology and chemistry laboratory classes.
- Prepared laboratory rooms for biological and chemistry laboratory classes and session.
- Ensured shelves were adequately stocked and chemical solutions and products were always available for faculty and research students.
- Autoclaved materials for sterilization.
Summer Youth Employment Specialist (June 2014 to September 2014)
City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Attended city meetings with local stakeholders.
- Maintained records and confidentiality of birth certificate, and social security documents.
- Facilitated orientation for youth being welcomed into the Summer Youth Employment program.
- Participated in street outreach programs in Watts, CA wherein I communicated with and guided members of the community to resources for gainful employment, and educational needs.
- Technical: Proficient in computers and software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the principles of nutrition and therapeutic diets.
- Experience with conducting 24-hour recalls, and nutritional assessments to families in the San Bernardino community.
- Experiencing with prep and execution of food demos for the San Bernardino community at a local food pantry.
- Typing speed: 50 WPM
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics student member
MPH in Nutrition at Loma Linda University
BA in Biology at University of Redlands