Experienced non-profit organization and higher education professional
MANAGER FOR ASSESSMENT AND HIGH IMPACT PRACTICEs at TEXAS A&m UNIVERSITY
College Station, Texas 2016-Present
· Facilitate and manage annual program assessment processes for 41 academic programs within the College of Education and Human Development through consultation and hands-on training.
· Collect and analyze various assessment data to support college accreditation, university processes, and program review.
· Enhance opportunities for high-impact learning experiences within the College through individual consultation and workshop presentations.
· Direct the Undergraduate Transformational Learning Fellows Program, overseeing program development, student recruitment, marketing, and quality program improvement.
· Liaise between the College and the University Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Evaluation.
· Chair the College of Education and Human Development Assessment Council.
MSW Research Intern at the Program on Intergroup Relations
Ann Arbor, Michigan 2009-2010
· Composed grant proposals to support research efforts that resulted in securing a $3,000 award.
· Constructed quantitative and qualitative methodology for evaluation of peer -facilitated learning experiences.
· Transcribed and analyzed focus groups and interviews using NViVo software.
· Recruited and managed over 30 research volunteers and conducted two qualitative focus groups.
OTHER professional experience
Program Director of Retention & Student Success at SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
St. Louis, Missouri 2014-2016
Conceptualized and executed data-driven institutional retention plan using historical data analysis, goals and strategies, and national trends on best practices, thus achieving university goal of increasing fall-to-fall first-year retention by 1.2%;
Oversaw the university-wide implementation of Skyfactor Mapworks retention system, regarding detection and intervention of students at-risk of leaving the University;
Supervised, hired, and provided ongoing training to 6 full-time masters-level staff;
Designed, implemented, and assessed comprehensive Student Success Coaching model for intervention with 900 at-risk students;
Cultivated relationships and collaborated with 20+ university departments, resulting in 90% reported confidence in the unit’s ability to reach goals and effectively serve students;
Developed data collection processes, innovative assessment, and evaluation measures for departmental unit.
Composed and published comprehensive written and visual reports to various university audiences.
Co-created, implemented, and assessed a 3-credit first-year dialogue course on communication, social justice, and social identity.
Program Coordinator of Multicultural Education at SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
Saint Louis, Missouri 2010-2014
· Created and facilitated over 200 hours of diversity trainings for various audiences, enhancing understanding of diversity, inclusion, and social justice.
· Hired, trained, and supervised 3 work study office assistants and 1 graduate assistant.
Designed 40+ multicultural educational programs, and curricula for credit and non-credit courses.
Successfully designed course curriculum, taught and established permanent 3-hour intergroup dialogue course tied to core requirements in College of Arts & Sciences.
Administered operations, logistics, and reviewed program proposals for one-day 200 attendee Conference on African-American male scholarship and retention.
Advised 14 cultural student organizations, assisting with the development of organizational goals, problem solving, and program planning.
- database management
- diversity and inclusion training
- learning outcomes development
- Progam assessment
- program evaluation
- project management
- student development in higher education
- team development
August 2005-May 2009
Bachelor of Science in Social Work at Texas Christian University
August 2009 - August 2010
Master of Social Work at University of Michigan
Specialization in Social policy analysis and program evaluation with an emphasis in communities and social systems.
PhD in Educational Human Resource Development at Texas A&M University
Specialization in adult education, diversity and social justice education.